Learn how to quickly edit IFC model classifications and element properties using the buildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD) and how to generate a new IFC file with the updated changes.
usBIM.bSDD is the online application integrated in usBIM that allows you to classify the elements of a BIM model in IFC format according to the buildingSMART Data Dictionary (bSDD).
The bSDD is an online service that hosts classifications, standards, dictionaries and their properties, allowed values, units and translations.
With usBIM.bSDD you can easily obtain models in the IFC format with properties and values required by specific national and international classifications.
- access all the information on bSDD
- select a classification among those present on bSDD
- classify the single elements present in the IFC file
- edit the properties required by the classification for each element in a guided workflow
- highlight elements by classification type using specific validation tools to checks that they are all classified correctly.
- update the information directly in the IFC file and save it on usBIM cloud.
In addition to national classification systems (Uniclass, Minnd, etc.) and application-specific standards (ETIM, UniversalTypes, IfcAirport, etc.), with usBIM.bSDD you can also store national and company-specific standards in bSDD.