Business Intelligence can be applied to BIM models or the process.
Considering that the openBIM IFC format BIM model contains classifications, properties and property values relating to each object in the model, you can now perform all types of data queries and analyse it for all kinds of needs. For example, get immediate feedback relating to the number or percentage of objects with specific characteristics to speed up the drafting of detailed cost estimates or search for different components to evaluate design aspects, etc.
By applying BI to the BIM process, easily obtain activity percentages for each work phase or progression, activities by operators, or get insights into the most efficient processes, etc.
There are many different types of business intelligence applications with BIM models or processes, to name just a few, we have:
- keeping track of hours of work and correlations with the different processes;
- methods for identifying task completion rates;
- project budget/costs/estimates management;
- issue management methods;
- information analysis tools relating to the BIM model;
- BIM model objects analysis.